Xiaomi, the Chinese smartphone company has officially announced the Xiaomi 13 Ultra, a new camera phone (with huge emphasis on the camera).
The Xiaomi 13 Ultra raises the rear camera,making it seem quite bulky, especially since the camera module (compiled of four sensors and a LED flash unit). The back panel is also uneven as the top portion seems to be protruding. The lower portion blends with the top portion just below the camera island. The rear panel is fashioned with curved edges.
The Xiaomi 13 Ultra is packed with 4 Leica-branded camera lenses at the rear,
- The primary camera is a 1-inch type 50 MP Sony IMX989 shooter, complete with dual f/1.9-f/4.0 aperture
- A 12mm f/1.8 ultrawide camera
- An f/1.8 (3.2x) 75mm telephoto camera with OIS
- A 120mm 5x periscope shooter with f/3.0 and OIS
Armed with the four camera sensors, Xiaomi has stated that the Xiaomi 13 Ultra covers a focal length ranging from 12mm to 240mm. Furthermore, the dual aperture in the primary rear camera of the Xiaomi 13 Ultra provides greater control over the bokeh and the quantity of light entering the sensor, depending on the situation. Plus, the 5x camera offers a cropped 10x shot. The front camera is 32 MP.
The Xiaomi 13 Ultra is also impressive overall. The phone features,
- A unibody metal chassis with a nanotech silicone leather black which is smudge proof
- A Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chip by Qualcomm
- Up to 16GB LPPDR5x RAM
- Up to 1TB of storage
- 6.73-inch AMOLED display with QHD+ resolution
- 120Hz adaptive refresh rate
- Peak brightness of 2600 nits
All in all, the Xiaomi 13 Ultra is a revolutionary phone. It is primarily dedicated to amazing photography, with the raised rear camera of the Xiami 13 Ultra offering emphasis on this factor.