Detailed process to check the Windows 11 compatibility with your PC
With the arrival of the next version of Microsoft Windows, users are trying to check if their PC is compatible with up-gradation to Windows 11. The considerable changes in appearance, compatibility with Android, and many more internal updates optimizing the system speed and efficiency are alluring enough to have this in your PC or laptop. That said if you want to find out if your system is can handle this new Windows, read the entire article attentively. Don’t miss out on a single step mentioned.
Steps involved in checking your PCs compatibility with Windows 11
Fortunately, Microsoft came up with a tool, named Windows PC Health Check for checking the potential of windows. It is an effective way to discern if your PC upholds all the requirements. Here’s how you can proceed.
- Open the browser.
2. Go to the Microsoft official website and click on Window 11.
3. On scrolling down, search for the Check Compatibility option and click Download App.
4. After this app is installed, click on Finish.
5. It will launch on its own. Search for the blue button named “Check Now”.
6. After the completion of the process, a message will pop up with two possible messages:
- This PC can run Windows 11.
- This PC can’t run Windows 11.
In case you received the first message, then Congratulations! You can readily upgrade your PC or Laptop.
However, if you received the negative one, you can check the minimum requirements mentioned below and perform some steps to fix this. Here’s what you can do.
Minimum specifications of your Laptop/Computer mandatory for Windows 11
Microsoft has released these minimum requirements that ensure that your PC or Laptop can handle Windows 11 efficiently. Here is the list.
- Processor with 64-bit architecture
- Minimum of 4 GB RAM
- Hard drive space of 64 GB
- At least Dual-core and 1GHz clock speed
- UEFI interface enabled
- Capable of Secure Boot
- 720p or HD display; diagonal size: 9-inches, 8 bits color per inches
- Trusted Platform Module (should be V.2)
If your system meets these requirements but still showing the “This PC can’t run Windows 11”, then check for the below-mentioned steps.
- First and foremost, you need to sign in to your Microsoft account.
- The TPM is not enabled.
- The Secure Boot mode might be disabled.
The first step is easy, where you have to create a Microsoft account on your PC or logging in if already created.
For the second and third points, here’s what to do.
- Shut down your system.
- Now, turn on your PC. You have to press the key (which varies from company to company) to enter your BIOS settings. Some commonly used keys to access the Boot Menu of a Laptop or PC are Esc, F2, F10, F12, etc. For example, if you own an HP laptop, then you need to press F12 repeatedly while the system is Turning On.
- Once you are into the BIOS settings, navigate the option “Security” and then enable the TPM (Trusted Platform Module) mode.
- Besides, you can hop onto the Boot options section, where enable the “Secure Boot” option.
- Once you are done, then navigate the “Save and Exit” button and click on it. The PC will restart.
Caution:- Be careful while accessing the BOOT menu, as it contains various critical settings that might cause potential complications. Take help from an expert or experienced person if you are not sure or have not entered this domain before.
After you have solved all three possible obstructions, you can open the Windows PC Health Check applications and run the test. Most probably, you will get the affirmative Pop-up.
It brings us to the end of this informational piece. This article might have cleared all your doubts regarding the process of checking the Windows 11 compatibility with your PC.
Q1. How can I get Windows 11?
Ans. Go to settings and find the option “Update and Security” and select. Click on Check for updates option. If your PC is compatible, you will get the update under the name Windows 11. Install and have fun.
Q2. Will I get Windows 11 for free?
Ans. Windows 11 will be free for the users who have already installed genuine Windows 10.
Q3. Can my PC run Windows 11?
Ans. To check the compatibility of your system, check the minimum requirements on the official website of Microsoft. Or you can download their tool “Windows PC Health Check” (for the detailed process, check out this article).