YES! Anyone above 18 years can now get a driving license without the RTO driving test. The Government of India announced some new rules, which made the process of getting a driving license pretty simple.
Citizens of India no longer need to visit the RTO to get their driver’s license, says The Union Ministry of Road Transport and Highways. It also added that people can get their driver’s license by joining any reputable private driving centers. Just make sure that these centers are recognized and registered.
How to get a driving license with the RTO test?
As said, all you need to do is join a proper driving school, get trained there and pass the training. Once done, you will get your driving license from the driving school. Here are the steps to be followed.
- Step- 1: Search and enroll in a reputable driving school, which offers the service.
- Step- 2: Get trained for at least 30 days and complete the training with good skills and conduct.
- Step- 3: The school will issue a certificate once you have completed the training with a good conduct.
- Step- 4: You should apply for a driving license at the online portal of RTO.
- Step- 5: After verification, the license will be issued by the RTO and you will get it within 14 working days (usually).
All the driving school centers have driving simulators and tracks, where you can learn all the basics of driving and get eligible for the license. Here are the minimum hours you should be trained,
Also,Read – Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment 2023: Posts, Age Limit, and Qualification
- 29 hours for light motor vehicles.
- 38 hours for medium and heavy vehicles.
This decision will save a lot of time for license aspirants and also save them from going through the repeated tests at the RTO. With this, the Indian government is making sure that they reduce the non-skilled drivers on the road by training them at driving schools.